One of the elements to becoming booked solid is being considered credible within your marketplace. As a professional service provider, it is essential to consider the importance of exactly who it is that knows what you know in your area of expertise. Not only do potential clients need to know what you know, but also your marketing and referral partners.
So, what would you like to become known for within your target market? Be as specific and focused as possible. Here are some questions to help you get started.
- In what areas are you currently an expert?
- Where do you need to develop your expertise?
- What promises can you make and deliver to your target market that position you as an expert?
- What promises would you like to make and deliver to your target market but don’t yet feel comfortable with?
- What do you need to do to become comfortable at making and delivering these promises?
Keeping the answers above in mind, if there was one thing you could be known for within your target market, what would it be?
What do you need to learn to become an expert in that area?
List the ways you could learn it.
If you’re already very knowledgeable in your field, stay up to date on the latest information in order to remain booked solid.