New England Coaching has been in partnership with Genos PTY of Australia since 2006. Genos was formed in 2002 to commercialize the model of emotional intelligence created by Dr. Ben Palmer and Professor Con Stough, in conjunction with the Swinburne University of Technology (Australia). The Genos Model of Emotional Intelligence, has propelled Genos to be one of the leading developers and distributors of emotional intelligence products and associated applications globally.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence involves a set of skills that define how effectively we perceive, understand, reason with and manage our own and others’ feelings. Emotional Intelligence has emerged has a very effective methodology to develop, among other things, resiliency in leaders and organizations. The Seven Skills are:
- Self Awareness – conscious of the present and your actions
- Expression – being authentic in how you communicate
- Awareness of Others – empathetic to the actions of others
- Reasoning / Decision Making – being expansive by considering both feelings and facts
- Self Management – being centered and in touch with your moods
- Management of Others – maintain peace by empowering others
- Self Control – where the greatest signs of resiliency are present
The Genos Emotional Intelligence Certification Course is a three day train-the-trainer program for a suite of emotional intelligence products designed specifically for workplace applications. The products have been designed for selection, development and career transition purposes, at individual, team and organizational levels. The course covers how to utilize the products in these areas to identify, develop and transition people with extraordinary soft skills. The products provide a comprehensive set of tools for those involved in the selection and development of interpersonal skill capabilities in these and other areas. The training involves:
- Attendance at all three days of the course
- An Assessment of your own Emotional Intelligence (to be used as part of the training)
- A 360 Assessment of a ‘practice-client’s’ Emotional Intelligence (to be used as part of post classroom project)Project Delivery
- Training to set up and manage your own projects
What are the next steps?
You must register to attend the Emotional Intelligence certification course upon which you will receive the pre-reading material and information on how to complete your own and your ‘practice-client’s’ assessment. To register, contact Bill Sex at 508-842-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org