All sales start with a simple conversation. An effective sales cycle, according to Michael Port, author of Book Yourself Solid, is based on turning these simple conversations into relationships of trust with your potential clients over time. We know that people buy from those they like and trust.
If you don’t have trust, then it doesn’t matter how well you’ve planned, what you’re offering, or whether you’ve created a wide variety of buying options to meet varying budgets. If a potential client doesn’t trust you, nothing else matters. They aren’t going to buy from you—period. If you think about it, this may be one of the main reasons you say you hate marketing and selling. You may be trying to market and sell to people with whom you have not yet built trust.
- What are your potential clients thinking?
- Do they really believe you can deliver what you say you can?
- Do they trust you to hold their personal information confidential?
- Do they like the people who work for you?
- Do they feel safe with you?
- Do they believe hiring you will give them a significant return on their investment?
If you want a perpetual stream of inspiring and life-fulfilling ideal clients clamoring for your services and products – remember, all sales start with a simple conversation and are executed when a need is met and trust is assured”.
Posted by Deb Bercume and Sherry Dutra, Certified Book Yourself Solid Coaches